Writer's Workshop (Writng)
Quarter 2: Writing (Informational Writing & Research Writing)
Writing: Text Types & Purposes:
- W4.2a: "I can" write informative/explanatory texts that convey ideas and information clearly.
- W4.2a: "I can" introduce a topic clearly. "I can" group supporting facts together about a topic in an informative/explanatory text. "I can" use text, formatting, illustrations, and multi-media to support my topic.
- W4.2b: "I can" develop a topic with facts, definitions, details, and quotations.
- W4.2c: "I can" use linking words and phrases to connect ideas within categories of information (another, for example, also, because)
- W4.2d: "I can" use precise, content-specific language/vocabulary to inform or explain about a topic.
- W4.23: "I can" construct a concluding statement or section of informative/explanatory text.
- W4.4: "I can" produce writing that is appropriate to task, purpose, and audience.
- W4.9b: "I can" explain how an author uses reasons and evidence to support particular points in a text.